As an independent professional jewelry appraiser and graduate gemologist, Teri Brossmer has earned many outstanding credentials over the last 30 years in business. These include:
- Master Gemologist Appraiser® - American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) - American Society of Appraisers
- Graduate Gemologist (GG) - GIA Alumni Association
- AGA Certified Gemological Laboratory #36 - Accredited Gemologists Association
- CIA Certified Insurance Appraiser – Jewelry Insurance Appraisal Institute
- Certificate in Appraisal Studies - University of California, Irvine
- Senior Member - National Association of Jewelry Appraisers
- Qualified Appraiser under IRS Guidelines producing Qualified Appraisals
- Jewelry Appraisal Instructor: Inside the World of Gem and Jewelry Appraising (2014)
To serve her clients best, she maintains continuing education through professional conferences and hands-on courses, including:
- AGA conferences covering the most recent technological advances in the detection of treatments to diamonds and gemstones, as well as their effect on value.
- ASA classes that assist appraisers is preparing a document that is USPAP compliant and in keeping the ASA ethics and standards.
- GIA lectures on a wide variety of subjects from treatment identification, stability, & diamond cut grades to ethics challenges facing the industry.
- Jewelry Camp and the West Coast Jewelry Studies programs are focused on identification and circa dating of antique and vintage jewelry. Recent advances in technology have allowed for the creation of excellent Fakes and/or "Married" pieces of jewelry being represented as original vintage and antique pieces.